logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
jdale  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 12:51:46 PM(UTC)
jdale
Groups: Registered

We are attempting to use OC as a Lead Management System.

What I am trying to do is to set up a user and load contacts under him so that only he sees the contacts. Then as he runs through the sales process, when the lead is either DEAD or SOLD, he can "Re-Assign" it to DEAD or SOLD(users) and it is removed from his "Dashboard".

skdutta  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 1:12:08 PM(UTC)
skdutta
Groups: Registered, Developer, Administrators

jdale wrote:

We are attempting to use OC as a Lead Management System.

What I am trying to do is to set up a user and load contacts under him so that only he sees the contacts. Then as he runs through the sales process, when the lead is either DEAD or SOLD, he can "Re-Assign" it to DEAD or SOLD(users) and it is removed from his "Dashboard".

Okay here I am assuming that there will be few people in the organization who will be entering the contacts and then assign to somebody else.

1. Change System Default Access - This needs to be done because by default everybody can see all the contacts but they will not be able to modify it. To restrict this:

• Login as an Organization Administrator
    • Click on the Setup at the toolbar and click on Manage Organization Roles and Privileges under Organization Management
    • Click on the Manage Application Access Defaults (the last link)
    • Now go to the row for Contacts and click on the Edit Icon (on the right)
    • Remove the Read Permission (so it should now say, No Read, No Write, No Append and No Delete)

2. Now make sure that the people who are entering the contacts should have privilege to create and assign contacts (by default this is granted) but can be changed from the Manage Member Roles (under Setup >> Manage Organization Roles and Privileges)

let me know if you need more information on this.

BTW: We have a blog article that you might enjoy: https://blog.officeclip.com/post/2009/12/14/Additional-layer-of-Security-for-web-based-applications-in-OfficeClip.aspx.

SK Dutta,

Architect OfficeClip LLC,

Web-based Business Software,

Ph: +1-770-448-7375,

Web: https://www.officeclip.com