logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
skdutta  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:06:37 PM(UTC)
skdutta
Groups: Registered, Developer, Administrators

To install OfficeClip on a shared server the following should be checked for prerequisite:

• Microsoft.Net 2.0 should be preinstalled on the machine

• It should be possible to create an IIS Application Folder below the root website.

• SqlServer 2005/2008 should be preinstalled and it should be possible to get the Sql Instance name, login id and password for the SQL Server to populate the database by running the SQL Query via internet.

• It should be possible to control read/write permission on any file or folder. This is required in case some files do not have the required permission and needs to be altered.

Please confirm these with your hosting provider before attempting to install OfficeClip. If all is fine, install OfficeClip on your shared provider website as follows:

1. Download the Installation file from the OfficeClip website

2. Unzip it and double-click on readme.html

3. Follow step-by-step instructions on how to install OfficeClip on your shared server.

Please note that remote installation setup program is still in the beta.

For all support and feedback please contact OfficeClip support (ocsupport at officeclip dot com). Provide the following information with your support request.

• Description on how to replicate the problem

• The compressed zipped log entries (available in the log subfolder below where you unzipped the download)

Edited by user Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:13:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SK Dutta,

Architect OfficeClip LLC,

Web-based Business Software,

Ph: +1-770-448-7375,

Web: https://www.officeclip.com

Mario  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:35:25 PM(UTC)
Mario
Groups: Registered

I tried to install it on my shared server. At the end of the ftp installation, it showed an error message box. However, I did not see any error in the log file and the site seems to work just fine.

Just thought you wanted to know.

Thanks

Mario

skdutta  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:50:39 PM(UTC)
skdutta
Groups: Registered, Developer, Administrators

Mario wrote:
I tried to install it on my shared server. At the end of the ftp installation, it showed an error message box. However, I did not see any error in the log file and the site seems to work just fine.

Just thought you wanted to know.

Thanks

Mario

Yes we know about this error. This happens if you use the ftp of the remote install program. Please ignore this error for now.

SK Dutta,

Architect OfficeClip LLC,

Web-based Business Software,

Ph: +1-770-448-7375,

Web: https://www.officeclip.com