logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
pradeep  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 6:16:00 AM(UTC)
pradeep
Groups: Registered, Developer

If you have installed OfficeClip on your local machine, you will need to specify a SMTP Server to send emails out of OfficeClip. All the emails and campaigns from OfficeClip uses SMTP protocol so it is important to make sure it is working correctly.

1. Go to https://[machine-name-or-ip]/officeclip/systemtest.aspx (this may change based on where you installed OfficeClip) and scroll down to the bottom of the screen and send a test email to an account outside your domain (say gmail). See if you receive a test email. If this does not work then:

2. Check your SMTP settings. To do this, using windows explorer go to c:\program files\officeclip\8 (location may change based on your installation folder) and then run OfficeClip.Install.OcConfigure.exe, from there test the SMTP settings (note that you must test it by sending emails outside your domain). If it does not work double-click on the log file at c:\program files\officeclip\8\log\index.html and see why the email did not go. This will give you an idea of where the problem is. If it succeeds, then there is a problems with ASP.Net security configuration and trust level. Contact your administrator.

3. Sometimes your firewall may not allow sending emails from a non-trusted machine. It may also happen that if you are using the exchange server to send emails, the exchange server needs to authenticate the OfficeClip server.

4. Another option is to try using your smtp account from your service provider and follow Step 2 to set the smtp and then test using Step 1. Please see this article on how to set this up with Gmail: https://forum.officeclip.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=2

Reply here if you still have problems after going through all the above steps.

Edited by moderator Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:03:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Krishna Pradeep

Developer, OfficeClip LLC

Contact Manager | Timesheet Software | Issue Tracker/
dale_alexander  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 5:26:04 AM(UTC)
dale_alexander
Groups: Registered

I have followed all the steps above with no luck. I'm still having issues with the systemtest page emailing. It is giving me the following errors:

EmailServerName2 in web.config - SMTP Connect failed: 504 disabled authentication mechanism

SMTP Connect failed: 504 disabled authentication mechanism

The errors don't make any sense because I don't have the EmailServerName2 setup (i have removed it from the web.config) but the error persists.

skdutta  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:32:17 AM(UTC)
skdutta
Groups: Registered, Developer, Administrators

dale_alexander wrote:
I have followed all the steps above with no luck. I'm still having issues with the systemtest page emailing. It is giving me the following errors:

EmailServerName2 in web.config - SMTP Connect failed: 504 disabled authentication mechanism

The errors don't make any sense because I don't have the EmailServerName2 setup (i have removed it from the web.config) but the error persists.

Okay I think you will need some direct help here. I am going to send you a email profile (via your private email) for web.config, you can test it and let me know if that works.

BTW: We have three email profile because we use second and third profile for backup if the first fails (dues to server overload etc.)

Edited by user Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:38:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SK Dutta,

Architect OfficeClip LLC,

Web-based Business Software,

Ph: +1-770-448-7375,

Web: https://www.officeclip.com

skdutta  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:43:02 AM(UTC)
skdutta
Groups: Registered, Developer, Administrators

For the sake of other forum users I am posting the fix here.

Dale could get the problem go away by doing the following:

1. Upgrading to version 8.2.1
  2. Changing the user privilege in VISTA where OfficeClip server is installed

Although we are not sure which one of these actually fixed the problem. 

SK Dutta,

Architect OfficeClip LLC,

Web-based Business Software,

Ph: +1-770-448-7375,

Web: https://www.officeclip.com